Did you know that 99% of consumers check their emails every day?
That explains why 93% of B2B marketers use email to distribute content, and 59% of marketers regard email as the most significant source of ROI.
So the question is, how can you get your hands on email addresses from high-quality prospects and relevant people so you can sell to them right in their inbox?
This is where lead magnets come into play. With the right lead magnet, you can entice your prospects to give away their email and contact information – allowing you to curate a high converting email subscriber list.
What Are Lead Magnets?
The simple fact is that email addresses are somewhat personal, so people are not going to provide you with this information readily unless they get good value for it.
That’s why marketers use lead magnets to deliver attractive offers to prospective customers in exchange for information (name, phone numbers, and of course, email addresses).
Typically, these offers include downloadable content, like reports, checklists, emails, videos, whitepapers, etc.
A good lead magnet should have the following features:
- Valuable information that subscribers would be hard-pressed to find somewhere else
- Immediate problem-solving capabilities to deliver value to your prospects in real-time
- Easily understandable and super specific to your niche
- Delivers instant value that the reader can implement immediately, prioritize how-to guides and checklists over eBooks and reports
- Downloadable immediately after they provide the information – don’t make them wait for follow-up emails
- Offers information on the unique products and services you provide without being too sales-y!
Lead Magnets That Work
Some of the most commonly used lead magnets include:
- Free samples — ask for an email in exchange for a freebie
- Share a free tutorial
- Easy to tailor templates
- Free trials
- Interactive quizzes
- Case studies that solve a common issue
- Discounts and coupons
- Webinar invitations, etc.
Why Should Small Businesses Have Lead Magnets?
In the digital age, businesses can only hope to thrive if they can build enough credibility and trust among their prospective and existing customers.
Lead magnets help you enhance these values by giving your prospects a reason to trust your business, in return for something they find valuable.
If you can manage to build a powerful lead magnet, one that can’t be ignored, rest assured that your prospects will readily divulge their contact info even if they haven’t heard of your business before.
Above all, it is an inexpensive digital marketing strategy with the potential for massive returns.
Are you ready to develop a solid lead magnet? Get in touch with us today to find out how we can help you!