When you own a remodeling business, it’s crucial to market yourself effectively online. You probably have plenty of competition in your local area. Having a better online presence is what will set you apart! The experts at TIC Digital Marketing have compiled a list of our online must-haves that will help you get ahead:
Website Must-Haves for Remodelers
- A Site That Works Correctly and Loads Quickly
- Reassuring Website Copy – Build trust in your team with the text on your site. Reassure potential customers that you want to make their experience as stress-free as possible. You can even answer some common questions about surprise costs, warranties, the quality of your workmanship, and your customer service philosophy.
- A List of Locations and Service Areas
- Portfolios with LOTS of Pictures and Media – Make sure your site has plenty of high-quality photos and videos. You want mostly finished projects but be sure to include a few in-progress pics as well.
- Ratings, Reviews, and Testimonials – Show off any badges from business associations you’re a member of, plus reviews and testimonials from Yelp, Angie’s List (now called Angi), Houzz, and others.
- Calls-to-Action for “Book a Consultation” or “Schedule a Free Estimate” – A call-to-action tells potential customers what to do if they want to hire you. Make sure you have a “free estimate” button prominently displayed on your website and your Yelp, Angi, and Houzz profiles.
- “Our Process” – Tell potential customers what they can expect when they hire you.
- Social Media Sites – Focus on photos of completed projects rather than any other type of post.
- Clean Website Design with High-Quality Photos
- Differentiate between “High Quality” and “Save Money” – You want to be sure you’re attracting the right kind of customers. If you want to emphasize the quality of your luxury workmanship, don’t use website text that bills you as the affordable remodeler. On the flip side, if you keep things affordable for your clients, make sure to highlight that.
If you’re a remodeling business that needs some help with your online marketing, TIC Digital Marketing can help. Call us at (858) 280-3792, send an email to email@example.com, or fill out the online form on our contact page to schedule your free consultation with our digital marketing team!
Take a few minutes to apply what you’ve learned here!
- Does your website have all of the things listed here? Some of them? Where can you make improvements?
- Schedule some time to update your portfolio if you haven’t recently, or delegate this task to someone on your marketing or admin team.
- Double check your Houzz, Yelp, and Angi (formerly Angie’s List) profiles for buttons that lead potential customers to book a call or free estimate.
- Confirm that your website has links to your Houzz, Yelp, and Angi pages so potential customers can take a deeper look.