If you’ve aced lead generation and wondering what to do with all the prospective buyers, help is here.
It’s time to move the leads closer to the conversion stage in the sales funnel. Read on to know how you can guide them down the sales funnel and close the deal faster.
What Needs To Happen For Someone To Go From A Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) To A Sales Qualified Lead (SQL)?
A marketing qualified lead becomes a sales qualified lead once they are ready to communicate with the sales team. Here is how you can make someone go from an MQL to SQL.
- Lead Score – Lead scoring is the process that assigns values based on various attributes such as their contact information, interactions with your website, etc. This helps the sales and marketing teams prioritize leads accordingly.
- Lead Behavior – Gauge their behavior, actions, and engagement level to determine if that lead qualifies as a prospect and ready to transition to the SQL process.
- The Probability Of Buying – For a lead to go from an MQL to SQL, they must need your product/service to address their pain points.
Segment Your Audience By Their Behavior/Funnel Path They Take
Section your audience according to their behavior. Or you could separate them based on the funnel path they take; for example, ask if they arrived at your site via lead magnets or emails.
Tailor Experiences For Personas
It is crucial to customize your sales prospecting efforts according to the needs of specific buyer personas. So, tweak your offers and content based on buyer personas. You could even create customized lead nurturing campaigns to enhance your efforts and ultimately drive conversions.
Here are some of the ways that can help you tailor your buyer personas experiences:
These are automated email marketing campaigns that aim to guide potential customers down to the final stage of the sales funnel.
These emails provide continuous value to your email subscribers by delivering useful updates, information, notifications, and product info over time.
Persona-Based Lead Magnets
Offer customized lead magnets for different buyer personas to induce and move your leads closer to the conversion stage. For that, it is important to know and understand what buyer persona you are catering to at any given stage.
Along with personalized lead magnets, it is vital to tailor the content according to your leads’ requirements and interests. To quickly convert to an actual paying customer, you need to provide them with valuable and useful content that pique their interests.
The bottom line is that it is vital to consider your prospect’s preferences and concerns. Make sure that your actions align with your potential customer’s requirements and interests as you lead them down the funnel.
If you need help setting up your lead funnels or pushing leads down your funnel, TIC Digital is always here! Send us an email, give us a call at (858) 280-3792, or fill out our contact form below to let us know how we can help.
Take a moment to apply what you’ve learned here.
- Identify 3 key differences in a marketing qualified lead (MQL) and a sales qualified lead (SQL) for your business.
- How can you lead MQLs further down the sales funnel to become SQLs?
- How can you identify MQLs that won’t turn into SQLs so you don’t waste time and resources on them?