There are many different strategies local businesses can employ to get leads; local search engine optimization (SEO) and social media campaigns are two of them. In the rush to master modern digital marketing techniques, many business owners overlook one that can actually be the most effective: getting good reviews. All the paid ads in the world don’t have the same marketing punch as simple word of mouth. If you want to get good reviews, TIC Digital Marketing has a few tips that can turn your satisfied customers into your biggest cheerleaders.
Good Reviews = More Trust and More Referrals
To a potential customer, a good online review is just as trustworthy as a word-of-mouth recommendation. In fact, 85% of consumers trust online reviews just as much as they would a referral from a friend or family member. A good review instills a sense of trust in the person reading it. After all, if this person took the time to leave a good review, they must have been really satisfied with their experience.
Don’t be Afraid to Ask!
At this point, you’re probably wondering how you can start getting some good reviews. It’s very simple, really: all you have to do is ask! If you ask every satisfied customer for a review, a portion of them are bound to follow through. Here are some ways you can ask:
- After a Service is Completed – for service businesses all it can take is a few words after their service is done. Set up your Google My Business listing, then provide links where your satisfied customers can leave a review.
- Send a Survey – If you have your customer’s email address, you can send them a survey to ask how you did.
- Get Before and After Pictures – If you’re a local service business, like a kitchen and bathroom remodeler, for instance, take before and after pics of each job (with your client’s permission, of course). Be sure to show the customer and ask them to leave a good review. When they see the dramatic transformation in their home, they will likely be more than happy to help you out.
Getting good reviews is an effective tactic for getting new leads, but it’s best combined with other digital marketing techniques. For a free review of your digital marketing strategy, get in touch with TIC Digital Marketing today by calling (858) 280-3792, send an email to [email protected], or fill out the online form below or on our contact page.
Take a few minutes to apply what you’ve learned here.
- Do you have a process for getting reviews from your clients after you complete their jobs? This could be a link to your Google My Business, Yelp page, or a survey you send to them.
- Review your current reviews if you have them. Consider replying to them.
- Thank clients who have left positive reviews.
- Respectfully reply to clients who have left negative reviews. Remember to stay respectful and thoughtful.