When you’re working with a limited marketing budget, it’s important to make sure you’re getting the most from every dollar. How can you determine which marketing channels are going to net you the biggest returns? Here are some tips from the experts at TIC Digital Marketing to help you find the best channels for generating leads:
Go Where Your Audience Is
You actually have little control over which channels are going to work best; your audience largely determines where you should be focusing your efforts. Using analytics tools, you can find out where most of your leads have come from in the past. Knowing that, you can put more of your resources into those channels and watch the leads start pouring in!
- Organic Social Media – Social media is the perfect, low-cost way to capture organic leads. But if you want high quality leads that are likely to convert, you can’t force it. Instead of buying social media followers and interactions, work on letting your social media content attract the right kind of people to your pages.
- Email List – A survey from B2B marketing firm Ascend2 showed that email marketing is still one of the most effective channels for lead generation. If you want to get the best leads, don’t sleep on this often-maligned marketing tactic. After all, your B2B clients already spend most of their day reading emails!
- Paid Traffic – If you’ve been getting a lot of traction from paid ads in the past, it couldn’t hurt to step up your efforts. There’s nothing wrong with getting leads through paid traffic; just make sure you’re targeting the right demographics to attract leads that are likely to convert.
- Guest Posts – Try inviting a guest author to write a blog for your site. A well-known influencer or respected industry professional can give you the juice you need to get those leads flowing! On the flip side, you can also submit your own writing to other publications your audience reads.
- Sponsor Websites, Blogs, Newsletters, Podcasts, etc. – Sometimes you can find your audience in someone else’s fanbase. Find an outlet whose audience would be interested in your company, then contact them to work out a sponsorship deal.
Analyze Each Audience Persona/Segment Separately
You may want to develop multiple channels to capture different audiences. If that’s the case, it makes sense to analyze each segment separately and develop a different strategy for each one. If you need help with analytics and identifying effective lead generation channels, TIC is the digital marketing firm you want to call! Dial (858) 280-3792, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Take a few minutes to apply what you learned in this post.
- Take a look at your Google Analytics acquisition.
- Where has most of your traffic come from in the past?
- What can you do to increase traffic from your highest-performing traffic sources?
- Think about your current client base.
- How did they find you?
- What can you do to nurture this lead generation channel? Consider ways to increase traffic, improve conversion rates, and close more leads.